Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Coffee is Life - Life is Coffee

Life really does begin after coffee.  Anything else requires hope, a wing and a prayer.  :)  Scrolling through Facebook, I found the Mod Squad Challenge post centered around coffee and summer, which gave me the perfect excuse to save yet another stamp set from the sale bin (I have a personal use it or lose it policy in order to control the mayhem that is my craft stash).  Besides, I might as well use my spiffy, shiny and new craft room I spent weeks planning, dragging my husband to Ikea, and then asking him to haul and assemble everything. :)

For this card, I used Gina K Designs new Sea Glass card stock, and Dark Chocolate.    My coffee stamps are from Prickly Pear, and simply called Coffee Cup.  I created coffee rings by taking my spray bottle, and smooshing (technical term) it in some slightly watered down ink from my Arteza brush pens, and setting it on water color paper.  Then I used the template from Gina K Designs Wreath Builder set to stamp more coffee cups, which were colored with Arteza brush pens. I masked off the cups, and then I used a background stamp from Gina K Designs (Rose Lace) and a technique from Jennifer McGuire in which your background stamps are used to create four different colored corners on your card (I love this!).   Stamped the sentiment on my die cut cup, popped it up, and added it to the center of my card.  When dry, I splattered a bit of Tattered Angels Woven Burlap spray to finished it off, and I'm done.  Easy peasy.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I just watched Jennifer's video and was happy to see how to use those big wonderful backgrounds in more ways. And, that was a good save when you kept this coffee themed set. It looks awesome used on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool card with a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!! Thank you for joining our challenge over on MOD Squad Challenge.

    Annie - DT Member

    ReplyDelete